Those eligible for participation in the Nevada Police & Fire Games are as follows:
Full Time Personnel who have been employed full time for at least four (4) months:
- Sworn Peace Officers (Law Enforcement Officers) as defined in NRS 169.125,
- Certified Fire Fighters,
- Spouses of Peace Officers (Law Enforcement Officers) and Fire Fighters,
- All active military personnel,
- Retired Peace Officers (Law Enforcement Officers); Retired Fire Fighters,
- Retired Military Law Enforcement whose career duty assignment was law enforcement/investigations
Non-Commissioned Employees who are employed full time for at least four (4) months with a law enforcement agency or fire department.
- Retired non-commissioned employees as described in the listed categories.
- Spouses of commissioned employees are not eligible to participate.
All Full Time Personnel and Non-Commissioned Employees (active or retired) must provide an official work ID at registration to verify eligibility.
- Spouses checking in without the active/retired person will also be required to show proof of their spouse’s work ID.
- Police Departments
- Sheriffs’ Departments
- Highway Patrol
- Parole & Probation
- Federal Law Enforcement agencies: FBI, IRS, US Attorneys, US Border Patrol, etc.
- State law enforcement agencies: Gaming Control Board, Attorney General, Juvenile Court Services, Prison & Detention, etc.
- District Attorney’s office
- Active Military
- Military Police
- Homeland Security
- Air Marshals
- State, County, and City Fire Departments
- U.S. and Federal Fire Marshals
- U.S. Park Rangers & U.S. Dept. of Forestry
- Commissioned Sworn Reserve Peace Officers